Colonel Stephanie W. Williams is Commander, 940th Air Refueling Wing, Beale Air Force Base, California. She is responsible for eight unit equipped KC-135R Stratotankers and the organization, training, and equipping of approximately 1200 reserve personnel for worldwide deployment in support of national security objectives. The wing performs in-flight air refueling, cargo and passenger airlift, aeromedical evacuation and humanitarion support; during peacetime or in support of contingency operations.
Colonel Williams entered the Air Force in 1991 after graduating with military distinction from the United States Air Force Academy and has served in a variety of assignments ranging from squadron level leadership to the Air Staff. She served over nine years on active duty in the United States Air Force and served as a Drill Status Guardsman in the Missouri Air National Guard before joining the Air Force Reserve in 2002. Colonel Williams is a command pilot with more than 4,000 hours primarily in C-130 aircraft and is a veteran of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, JOINT FORGE, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE and FREEDOM'S SENTINEL. She also served as commander for the 385th Air Expeditionary Group at Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar. Prior to her current assignment, Colonel Williams served as the commander of the 349th Operations Group, at Travis AFB, California.
1991 Bachelor of Science, Political Science, minor in foreign language, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Col.
1998 Distinguished graduate, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Master's degree in aeronautical science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, Fla.
2002 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2010 Air War College, by correspondence
2013 Master's degree in strategic studies, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, Pa.
2017 Certificate in Women in Leadership, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (online campus)
2018 Safety Board President's Course, Maxwell AFB, AL
2018 Director of Mobility Forces Course, USAF Expeditionary Center, Hurlburt Field, FL
2018 AMC Nuclear Leadershiup Course, Scott AFB, IL
1. August 1991-October 1992, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1993-March 1996, Aircraft Commander, C-130E/H/H1, 21st/36th Airlift Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
3. March 1996-April 1999, Evaluator Aircraft Commander, C-130H3, 50th Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. April 1999-October 2000, DoD Formal School Instructor Pilot, C-130E, 53rd Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
5. October 2000-May 2002, Instructor Aircraft Commander, C-130H2, 180th Airlift Squadron, Rosecrans Air National Guard Base, Mo.
6. June 2002-June 2006, Combat Tactics Instructor and Evaluator Pilot, Advanced Airlift Tactics Training Center, Rosecrans ANGB, Mo.
7. June 2006-April 2007, Assistant Chief, Operations Support Branch, Training and Tactics Division, HQ Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. April 2007-March 2009, Chief, Operations Support Branch & Acting Deputy Division Chief, Training and Tactics Division, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. March 2009-January 2012, Director of Operations and C-130 Evaluator Functional Check Flight Pilot, 339th Flight Test Squadron, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. January 2012- July 2012, Executive Officer, Plans and Programs Directorate, HQ AFRC, Robins AFB, GA
11. July 2012 - June 2013, Student, U.S. Army War College, Carlisle Barracks, PA
12. June 2013 - November 2014, Reserve Advisor, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Plans and Requirements, HQ USAF, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. December 2014 – June 2017, Commander, 349th Operations Group, Travis AFB, California (December 2016- April 2017 Commander, 385th Air Expeditionary Group, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar
14. June 2017 – Present, Commander, 940th Air Refueling Wing, Beale Air Force Base, California
Rating: Command Pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,000
Aircraft flown: KC-135, C-17A, KC-10A, C-130E/H/H1/H2/H3/AMP, AC-130H, HC-130H/N/P, MC-130E/H/P/W, T-37, T-38
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with one "M" device and 10 year hourglass device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant: May 29, 1991
First Lieutenant: May 29, 1993
Captain: May 29, 1995
Major: May 29, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel: August 14, 2008
Colonel: June 20, 2013
(Current as of June 2018)